Arthritis in big toe

by Raymond Dolan

I have been advised by my podiatrist to get a shoe with less flexible sole as I have arthritis in my big toe. I have been using asics 2000gt for years and I like the brand. Is there an asics version you can suggest but if not I'm prepared to try another brand. Thanks Raymond

Nicole's reply:
Hi Raymond, I think that the best thing you can do, is to go to a specialist running shoe store and get their advice. Try on as many shoes as you can and practice on the in-store treadmill, if they have one. Aim to also get shoes that have extra toe room. I wear inov-8 trail shoes and they have a super wide toe box. Have a look also at Hoka as their shoes are often wide in the toe box and with supportive soles.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Running Questions.